-
May 21st, 2005, 01:32 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Please forgive this newbie's questions if they've been discussed already.
I just bought a pair of Altec Lansing Model Three's at a yard sale. The previous owner stated that the tweeters are good but the woofers need replacing.
Can anyone tell me
1/ when these speakers were made
2/ were they pretty good when first produced
3/ where can I buy replacement parts.
Many thanks!
-
May 24th, 2005, 12:35 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
Probably made in 1980 or earlier. The "odd" numbers were discontinued in 1980.
Woofers are no longer available, but if they only need to be re-foamed, you might check with a local speaker repair shop.
-
May 25th, 2005, 12:15 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Or you can refoam them yourself.
I bought and refoamed my 411s myself with excellent results.
Check with simplyspeakers.com
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks